We all love eggs in the morning, they fill you up and give you enough protein to last the rest of the day. These egg cups are a fun twist on a traditional omelette, you can load them with veggies and cheese and have them ready to go in the morning. We took these egg cups one step further and topped them with some spiced lean ground beef to pack in that extra protein punch for those long fasts.
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (you can use regular or any nut milk)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach chopped
- ¼ cup of mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Crescent Foods Ground Beef 90/10
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil your muffin tray very well with a cooking spray, butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Transfer egg mixture to a measuring cup (it's easier to pour the mixture). Chop up whatever ingredients you'd like to add to your egg muffin cups. Place the chopped spinach and other veggies into the bottom of each muffin section, a little goes a long way, be sure not to overfill ;)
- Pour egg mixture over veggies only 3/4 of the way up...theses babies rise. Top each egg cup with a little cheese of your choice.
- Bake for 18 minutes in the oven, once done, let the muffins cool for about 5 minutes until you remove them from the tray.
- While the eggs are cooking you can start to cook the ground beef.
- Heat a pan to med-high heat. Add in ground beef, garlic, ginger and spices. Mix till beef is cooked through.
- Once muffins are done, add a spoonful of the ground beef on each muffin.
- These muffins will last for a few days in an airtight container in the fridge, you can re-heat them in the microwave or oven.