- 2 whole chicken legs or 2 thighs and 2 drumsticks
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved, outer leaves removed, lightly bruised
- 4-5 kafir lime leaves
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- cilantro, cooked rice, and lime wedges to serve
- In a 2 quart baking dish (or oven safe skillet), stir together a bit of the coconut milk and curry paste until smooth. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and fish sauce. Add the lemongrass, ginger, and garlic.
- Coat the chicken in the coconut curry mix, nestle them together, side up, and bake, occasionally spooning curry on top of the legs, until the chicken is golden, tender, and cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and top with cilantro and enjoy with rice and lime