- 1 package Crescent Foods Angus Stir Fry
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced very thin
- 2 (16 oz) cans of chickpeas, drained (May also use dry chickpeas/soaked and boiled overnight)
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pita chips
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine Crescent Angus Stir Fry with cumin, garlic powder, sumac, salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the seasoned beef and sliced onion. Cook 8-10 minutes until browned and cook thru.
- Mix together Greek yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, tahini and water.
- In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the pine nuts and almonds. Cook until golden brown.
- Layer chickpeas in serving dish. Spoon the yogurt sauce over top the chickpeas. Layer the beef on top and sprinkle with the toasted nuts, pita chips, mint and parsley.
This dish may be served cool, warm or hot.