The perfect summer pasta salad. It's light, refreshing and simple to make! A great addition to a BBQ and a creative way to have your children eat their greens.
- 1 package of Crescent Foods Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Lemon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil (may need more)
- Juice of 1 lemon & zest
Pasta & Pesto Preparation
- 1 16 oz pasta package of choice
- 1 cup fresh spinach packed (can use 2 cups basil instead)
- 1 cup fresh basil packed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup cubed feta cheese
- A wedge of lemon
- Clean & Tenderize the chicken fillets with a meat mallet. Tip* To clean the chicken, wash it with water then rinse in some salt, lemon juice and vinegar. Take off any excess fat. Tip* Cover chicken in plastic wrap before tenderizing it with the mallet.
- Drizzle olive oil on the chicken and season with the above seasonings on both sides. Juice half a lemon over the chicken fillets as well.
- In a large non stick pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil over low to medium heat.
- Place the chicken fillets in the skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes each side till browned and cooked through. Add the other half of the lemon juice to the pan while it's cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked, set aside.
- Add the minced garlic to the leftover oil in the pan and just cook till garlic is browned. Place aside.
- Cook to package instructions.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and blend till a creamy paste/sauce. Add a little more oil if needed.
How to plate the dish
- Add the pesto sauce and browned garlic to the pasta. Mix together very well. Plate the pasta and garnish with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Slice the chicken fillet and place on top of the pasta drizzled with some olive oil and served with a lemon wedge.