- 1/3 cup harissa
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Crescent Foods Whole Chicken
- 4 red potatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled roughly chopped
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Whisk together harissa, 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic in a small mixing bowl. Meanwhile, spatchcock chicken: place the chicken breast side down on a work surface. Using kitchen shears, cut along both sides of the backbone to remove. Open the chicken flat and flip over. Push down on chicken to flatten. Put in a baking dish and cover with harissa marinade. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large cast iron skillet or a roasting tray, combine chopped vegetables with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season generously with Kosher salt. Toss to coat. Lay spatchock chicken on top of vegetables and roast for approximately 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Check to see if root vegetables are cooked through. If not, remove chicken and return vegetables to oven for another 5-10 minutes until cooked through.