A fun twist on your traditional chilli. Loaded with veggies and tons of spices, every bite is a jam packed with flavour and the melting cheese adds a lovely richness.
IngredientsChilli Mac n Cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 bell red pepper , chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 lb Crescent Foods Ground Beef
- 1 28 oz crushed canned tomato
- 14 oz can black beans, drained
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth (chicken broth also ok)
- 250g pasta (you can use gluten free if you’d like)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack)
- Coriander / cilantro finely chopped , for garnish
You can also use a ready made packet of Chilli seasoning.
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or pure chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- Chop all the veggies, drain the beans and set everything aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic. Mix for a few minutes till onions begin to soften.
- Add in ground beef and cook for 5 minutes till meat begins to brown and cook through.
- Add in veggies and mix for another 5-7 minutes. Till they start to become a little soft.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, add in Black beans, corn and broth. Mix well and add in all the spices.
- Let Chilli come to a simmer and add in pasta and mix well.
- Cover chilli with a lid, if you find it a little to thick you can add ½ cup water. Simmer till pasta is cooked 20-25 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, stir everything together and mix in shredded cheese.
- Serve into bowls and top with chopped coriander, line and hot sauce!