- 8-10 Crescent Foods Chicken Breast Nuggets
- 14 oz. bag of frozen peas and carrots
- ¼ cup of corn
- 16 oz. of heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Package of phyllo pastry shells (6 shells)
- Bake chicken nuggets according to instructions then cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- While that is baking, prepare the cream sauce.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until garlic is sizzling then add the flour and keep stirring until it is paste like. This is called rue and will help thicken the sauce.
- Add the heavy cream slowly to this making sure to stir well. Lower the heat and keep stirring. Add the peas, carrots, and corn as well as a generous serving of pepper and salt. Keep stirring for a minutes on medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken. Then pour into a desired baking dish. Add the cut up chicken pieces to this and mix.
- Have the oven preheated to 425 F.
- Top the mixture with the pastry shells or regular puff pastry across the top. Bake for 30 minutes then broil for 1 minute.