Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish that has gained popularity in the United States. There are many variations of the dish. In Russia this dish is traditionally served with crisp potato straws. In the US, it is served with noodles, after Hamburger Helper made this dish exceptionally popular.
- 1-pound package of Crescent Foods Angus Beef Stir Fry
- 3 cup criminni mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup low sodium vegetable or beef broth
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 ½ cups egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- Coat Crescent Angus Beef Strips with one tablespoon flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet and add the beef to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic to the skillet and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes, until beef is brown, mushrooms are tender and onion is translucent.
- Add the remaining butter and flour to the pan and stir constantly.
- Pour in the broth and simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in the sour cream.
- Stir in the egg noodles.
- Top with chopped parsley.
Chef’s Tip: Cook the egg noodles to al dente, which means “to the tooth” in Italian and refers to the pasta having a bite. This will help the noodle hold on to more of the delicious sauce.