- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup almond slivers
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Crescent Foods Boneless Skinless Breast Fillets
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup soft mozzarella pearls
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl mix together all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the water and yeast mixture and the olive oil. Mix until a ball of dough forms.
- Lightly flour your work surface and knead the dough for 10 minutes. Place into a clean bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm, dark place for a minimum of 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, make your pesto. Blend arugula, almonds, parmesan, garlic and olive oil in a food processor until a uniform paste is created.
- Season Crescent Foods Chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken breasts 2-3 minutes per side.
- Chop chicken breasts into cubes.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roll pizza dough out into an 12 inch circle using a rolling pin
- Spread pesto onto the dough and arrange chicken, broccoli, and tomatoes
- Bake pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden brown
- Add the mozzarella pearls
Chefs Tip: Make your pizza dough the night before. This eliminates wait time and will ensure you have dinner made in no time! I allow my dough to rise in the inside of my oven. Just be sure it is not on!
I love this pizza recipe, because it conceals a super healthy green (the arugula) in the inside of the pesto. This is a great way to get picky eaters to eat more vegetables. The tender, juicy, chicken breasts add protein, to a typically carb heavy dish and the broccoli and tomatoes add fiber, nutrients and antioxidants for a more heart healthy take on pizza.